The conception of Empire Real Estate School was inspired by my parents, Louis and Pauline "Noni" Facchini. They were very loving parents who brought up their family in a big red house in CT.
When they passed, they left the red house to their children. I had been a lifelong educator and decided to take the Principle and Practices real estate course to become a realtor to save on paying thousands of dollars on commission. My brother helped remodel the home from top to bottom. It was a cathartic healing process in which we discovered many special family artifacts that I affectionately refer to as special treasures of memories. As I was selling their house, their neighbors, my family, and friends asked me to sell their homes... and so, I did! Before you know it, I became a very active realtor.
With a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership, over 35 years as a school administrator, and a passion for educating, I decided to start Empire Real Estate School. The name Empire was inspired by the memories of my mother’s homemade apple pie recipe, made only with the best Empire apples. The sweet cinnamon apple smell as it baked reminded me of a happy home. That is what I wish every family had the opportunity to experience as I sell homes and teach others to do the same for a lucrative profession.
Noni's Apple Pie Recipe:
Ingredients & Equipment
9 Empire Apples
6 teaspoons of Stevia sugar
1 package of Pillsbury Pie Crust (2 counts per package)
Cinnamon (to taste)
Large mixing bowl
Oven preheated to 350ºF
(1) Peel and core the apples, cut into thin slices, and place them in the mixing bowl
(2) Mix in the sugar and cinnamon until the apples are generously coated
(3) Roll out one of the pie crusts and place it on the pie plate; Roll out the other pie crust, set aside
(4) Transfer the apples from the mixing bowl to the pie plate, shaping them into a mound, and cover the apples with the other crust; pinch together the top and bottom crust
(5) Poke holes in the top of the pie crust with a fork
(6) Brush the top with a small amount of milk to brown
(7) Bake for 1 hour at 350ºF
Make a delicious pie in 7 steps and get your real estate license in 7 weeks! It's that simple!